Here at Sphere Fluidics, our aim is to combine expertise and exciting technology to help our customers reach their goals faster and more cost-effectively. None of this would be possible without our team – it’s their knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm that makes us who we are.
We recognise this, and in return, offer a supportive environment that encourages employees to learn and develop. Since we are a forward-thinking company operating in a rapidly-growing industry, we help individual staff members develop and progress in their careers. We offer our employees exciting projects, excellent training, and an attractive compensation package including employee share options, a Workplace Pension Scheme, life insurance and performance-related annual salary increases. We strongly believe that collaboration drives innovation, and as such, our goal is to build teams of people with a shared passion for integrating cell biology, microfluidics and leading-edge engineering into innovative solutions.
If you think this sounds like you, then please see below for current job opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities at Sphere Fluidics
Job Title: Sales Director, Europe
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
- Salary: £75,000 – £85,000 per annum
- Closing date for applications: 31st January 2021
Sphere Fluidics Limited is a rapidly growing Life Sciences company based in Cambridge, UK. The company is developing innovative engineering solutions and chemistries for use in novel microfluidic-based instruments for single cell characterization and selection.
The Commercial Team is now looking to recruit a Sales Director, Europe. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team on a range of exciting and leading-edge projects with external global companies.
- Develop and implement the Company’s Sales and Marketing strategy for Europe.
- Perform commercial due diligence on competitive or other target companies.
- Working with Marketing, build the Company’s commercial profile externally via advertising, exhibitions, conference presentations and client visits.
- Assistance in demonstrating and presenting the Company’s commercial plans to external Parties.
- Responsible for sales in Europe and other agreed territories.
- Responsible for distributor management in Europe.
Proactively recommend new relevant services and product ideas.
- Serve as a key Sales contact for the Company.
- Present Sales reports or presentations to the VP Sales and Marketing and other Third Parties.
- Ensure function conformance to local and company safety rules.
- Liaise with R&D and Product Management to define key services and products for development.
- Generate budgets and help in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Help develop business plans and revenue models for new and existing products and services.
- Coordinate the development of collaborative proposals for potential partner projects.
- Assist in coordinating the definition of User Needs for specific products.
- Responsible for managing the sales cycle of the Company’s products and services.
- Contribute to recruitment and organise performance reviews for any line managed staff.
- Attendance and contribution to regular Management meetings.
- Generation of concise, professional reports on an agreed basis (e.g. monthly).
- Maintain excellent personal and social relationships with other Sphere personnel, Board members, investors, and Third Parties including (potential) clients and service providers.
- Effective liaison with Company R&D staff and Product Management to help generate marketing materials.
- Develop excellent relationships with customers.
Align personnel requirements in Commercial function to Company needs.
- Maintain and improve key Sales systems (e.g. Hubspot) to support accurate Sales Forecasting
Reports To: The VP of Sales and Marketing.
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills. If interested, please e-mail your CV to Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com and include the term “Sales Director, Europe” in the title.
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including competitive salary; employee share options; life insurance and auto enrolled in to the Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development.
The closing date for applications for this position is 31st January 2021.
Job Title: Quality Control Coordinator
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
- Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Closing date for applications: 14th December 2020
Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, which manufactures instruments and specialist chemicals for the global research community. The company is growing quickly and so we are looking for a highly motivated Quality Control Coordinator to expand and support the Operations team.
- Responsible for managing the testing and reporting of all Quality Control (QC) related to Sphere Fluidics’ consumables portfolio.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and conduct QC testing of specialist research chemicals.
- Prepare and share reports for individual batches and overall product performance with the rest of the business.
- Identify and help to troubleshoot themes within product performance.
- Prepare and present feedback to suppliers on raw material performance.
- Maintain and update SOPs and process flows relevant to QC.
- Provide additional support to other Operations functions such as shipping during peak periods.
- Work with R&D team to evolve QC procedures and realise efficiency gains.
- Support inventory management by providing regular feedback on QC throughput.
- Contribute to the wider Operations group with ad-hoc tasks and projects.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience within a Quality role preferred, ideally in a Life Sciences organisation.
- Scientific background (either education or experience) is essential.
- Experience with PCR, NMR, and microscopy would be advantageous.
- Experience operating within an ISO9001:2015 environment is preferred.
- Minimum A-level or equivalent educational experience.
- Organised with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and self-sufficient
- Great communication skills
- Confidence to raise issues and work towards resolutions collaboratively
- Team oriented personality
- High personal and profession standards
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including a competitive salary; employee share options; 4x life insurance and auto enrolled in an Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development. The position will be based in Cambridge, UK.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail your CV with a one-page covering letter including “Quality Control Coordinator” in the title to: Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com
The closing date for applications for this position is the 14th December 2020.