Work with us
Here at Sphere Fluidics, our aim is to combine expertise and exciting technology to help our customers reach their goals faster and more cost-effectively. None of this would be possible without our team – it’s their knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm that makes us who we are. We recognise this, and in return, offer a supportive environment that encourages employees to learn and develop. Since we are a forward-thinking company operating in a rapidly-growing industry, we help individual staff members develop and progress in their careers. We offer our employees exciting projects, excellent training, and an attractive compensation package including employee share options, a Workplace Pension Scheme, life insurance and performance-related annual salary increases. We strongly believe that collaboration drives innovation, and as such, our goal is to build teams of people with a shared passion for integrating cell biology, microfluidics and leading-edge engineering into innovative solutions. If you think this sounds like you, then please see below for current job opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities at Sphere Fluidics
Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer – Database Designer / Developer
(Physics and Engineering Group)
Closing date for applications: 26th April 2019
Location of job: Cambridge
Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, which is developing new instrumentation systems for biological drug discovery. Due to company growth, we are now looking for a talented individual to join our Engineering team.
We are looking to recruit a senior software engineer with proven experience in Database Design and Development. The candidate will have a strong technical background gained through working in industry. Experience in design, implementing and maintaining databases is crucial. The candidate should have proven technical ability and be able to demonstrate direct hands-on approach to problem solving. Self-motivation and a drive towards continual personal and technical improvement is essential. Previous experience working in a commercial R&D environment through to product launch is desirable, though not essential.
Salary range: £38,000-£48,000 per annum.
Essential skills and experience:
- Several years hands-on experience designing and implementing databases.
- Knowledge of an Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) solution (ideally Entity Framework).
- Knowledge of .NET (C#) and WPF.
- Knowledge of SQL Server/SQL Server Compact.
- Appreciation of coding styles and high-level object orientated design.
- Experience in developing applications in Windows.
- Proven ability to innovate, build, test and troubleshoot.
- Ability to work in a small team, to fast timescales and with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to debug, refactor and maintain code developed by others.
- Ability to plan your workload and exercise good time management, juggling priorities across more than one project.
- Flexible and self-motivated, with a passion for new technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal, documentation and communications skills.
In addition, we will favour candidates with skills such as:
- Experience with the following will also be beneficial:
- Developing adapters for interfacing with different databases (e.g. Oracle to SQL Server).
- Ability to manage transfer of large data flows (e.g. images) securely and efficiently.
- Ability to design ergonomic and curated user interfaces, following specific standards.
- Experience of the full product life-cycle – design, implementation, test and support.
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as healthcare), within quality control systems such as ISO9001 and ISO13485 would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills. If interested, please e-mail your CV to Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com and include the title of your target position e.g. “Senior Database Developer” in the title.
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including: competitive salary; employee share options; life insurance and auto enrolled in to the Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development. The position will be based in or around Cambridge, UK.
The closing date for applications for this position is 26th April 2019.
Functional Area: Finance
Closing date for applications: 19th April 2019
Location of job: Cambridge
Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, which is developing new instrumentation systems for biological drug discovery. Due to company growth, we are now looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the Finance Area.
Salary circa: £30,000 per annum.
Responsible for maintaining the financial records of the company by accurately recording the day to day financial transactions of the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales and purchase ledger processing
- Reconcile company bank accounts
- Collate and analyse account data and generate financial reports
- Maintain internal control systems
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Comply with relevant reporting requirements
- Prepare monthly VAT returns
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with audits
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Track and maintain inventory records
- Assist the Financial Director with miscellaneous tasks
Education and Experience
- AAT qualification
- Experience with Xero would be advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of data management and financial data analysis
- Planning and organising
- Numeracy and accuracy
- Problem analysis
- Communication skills
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including a competitive salary; employee share options; life insurance and auto enrolled in to the Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development. The position will be based in or around Cambridge, UK.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail your CV including “Assistant Accountant” in the title to: Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com
The closing date for applications for this position is 19th April 2019.