Here at Sphere Fluidics, our aim is to combine expertise and exciting technology to help our customers reach their goals faster and more cost-effectively. None of this would be possible without our team – it’s their knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm that makes us who we are.
We recognise this, and in return, offer a supportive environment that encourages employees to learn and develop. Since we are a forward-thinking company operating in a rapidly-growing industry, we help individual staff members develop and progress in their careers. We offer our employees exciting projects, excellent training, and an attractive compensation package including employee share options, a Workplace Pension Scheme, life insurance and performance-related annual salary increases. We strongly believe that collaboration drives innovation, and as such, our goal is to build teams of people with a shared passion for integrating cell biology, microfluidics and leading-edge engineering into innovative solutions.
If you think this sounds like you, then please see below for current job opportunities.
Current Employment Opportunities at Sphere Fluidics
Job Title: Senior Scientist
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
- Salary: £32,000 – £42,000 per annum
- Closing date for applications: 23rd November 2020
Sphere Fluidics Limited is a rapidly growing Life Sciences company based in Cambridge, UK. The company is developing innovative engineering solutions and chemistries for use in novel microfluidic-based instruments for single cell characterization and selection.
The R&D team is now looking to recruit a Senior Scientist into our Cell and Molecular Biology Group. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team on a range of exciting and leading-edge projects with external global companies. Projects are mainly cell-biology based including native immune cells and engineered cells and therapies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform independent experiments aligned with Company needs.
- Contribute expert knowledge and skill sets in areas pertinent to their group.
- Assist in the creation and filing of intellectual property and any reduction to practice.
- Develop technical specifications for specific products.
- Perform due diligence on competitive science, technology and intellectual property.
- Building of the Company R&D profile externally via publication of patents, papers and conference posters.
- Organizing demonstration and presentation of Company technology to external parties.
- Manage scientists, engineers, managers or consultants on agreed projects.
- Effective liaison with Company Commercial personnel to help generate marketing and promotional materials.
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- PhD in life sciences, with some industrial experience useful.
- Proven experience in one or multiple of the following areas:
- Cell & gene therapy
- Genome editing
- Assay development (immuno- and reporter-based assays)
- Synthetic biology
- Biotherapeutics discovery and development
- Knowledge and or experiences on microfluidics and single cell analysis are preferable, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills desirable.
- The ability to work with a set timeline and deliver tasks in time is required.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively is essential.
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills. If interested, please e-mail your CV to Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com and include the term “Senior Scientist – Biology” in the title.
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including: competitive salary; employee share options; life insurance and auto enrolled in to the Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development.
The closing date for applications for this position is 23rd November 2020