Sphere Fluidics is an established Life Science company which provides instruments and specialist consumables for the global pharmaceutical and academic research community. The company has recently raised £26M in investment. We are growing quickly and have impressive plans requiring new and exciting skill-sets and global capabilities to support this period of growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Distributor Network Management:
- Identify, recruit, and onboard new distributors in regions agreed upon by senior management (UK, IR, BE, NL, CH, DE, DK will be direct in EMEA)
- There may also be a requirement to grow and manage the distributor network outside EMEA such as South America
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing distributors to maximize their performance and loyalty to the company
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide feedback to distributors to improve their effectiveness
- Monitor distributor compliance with contractual agreements and company policies
Revenue Generation & Pipeline Management:
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue targets, especially for instruments
- Collaborate with distributors to set achievable sales goals and provide them with the necessary support and resources
- Analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to identify new business opportunities
- Direct sales responsibilities in certain regions may also be required
- Conduct regular market analysis to identify trends, customer preferences, and emerging opportunities
- Travel to conferences/distributor meetings/customer sites when required
- Document and track all leads, opportunities, contacts, and activity history consistently per best practices within our CRM (Salesforce)
- Work with the marketing team to create effective marketing campaigns and promotional materials for lead generation/growing pipeline
- Support distributors in local marketing efforts to generate leads and increase brand visibility
- Organize and participate in industry events, trade shows, and exhibitions to showcase our company’s offerings
- Use of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Scileads and working with the Inside Sales team
Training and Support:
- Provide training and product knowledge sessions to distributor sales teams to enhance their understanding and selling capabilities
- Offer ongoing support and assistance to distributors to address their queries and concerns promptly
- Collaborate with internal technical teams to ensure distributors receive timely technical support when needed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- PhD in materials science, nanotechnology, engineering, biochemistry, cell biology, immunobiology, or other related fields with minimum 3 years of post-PhD track record of research or industrial experience.
Proven experience in two or more of the following areas is essential
- BSc or higher in biochemistry, biology or a related field; a degree in different life science subject and relevant work experience may be considered
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment and distributor management
- Dedication to becoming an expert on company products, customer needs, and market competition
- Ability to travel extensively, domestically and internationally, including a valid passport
- Familiarity or experience with the single-cell omics market
- Experience in high-value life sciences capital equipment sales
- Well-organized and capable of managing multiple tasks/projects
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Employee Share Options (EMI Scheme).
- Company pension scheme with Aviva (employer contributes 8%).
- 4x Life Insurance & Critical Illness Cover.
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Group Income Protection.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Learning & Development opportunities for career growth.
- Long Service bonus – up to 5 extra days holiday.
- Recruitment referral scheme (£1,000).
- Flexible working hours to support work-life balance.
Sphere Fluidics strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Our policy is to recruit a diverse workforce and follow the guidelines of the Equality Act.