Inside Sales Specialist: Instruments
Job Title: Inside Sales Specialist: Instruments
- Location: Cambridge (UK) – Flexible working (some travel may be required for meetings/conferences)
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
- Salary Range: £35,000.00 – £45,000.00 per annum ( + commission)
- Reports to: Director of Sales
Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, which develops new instrumentation systems, software and consumable products for the biopharmaceutical, biotech and synthetic biology industries based on its core picodroplet microfluidics technology. As part of its growth strategy, we are now looking for an Inside Sales Specialist: Instruments to join and help develop our Sales Teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take an active role in identifying prospects and generating leads for existing and new potential products
- Structure activities to maximize customer contact
- Find relevant prospects via our existing contacts in Hubspot, LinkedIn, MonoCl/SciLeads, conference attendee list and other databases.
- Qualify via email/LinkedIn/phone all the contacts from Hubspot before entering them into Salesforce.com – add important information such as applications/interests etc. to help marketing with their lead generation campaigns.
- Use social selling and insight selling methods to generate leads to feed into the sales funnel.
- Chase and follow up the leads/prospects where necessary.
- Develop and maintain records of customers and contacts in Salesforce.com.
- Records customer interactions, leads, and opportunities into Salesforce.com & ensure accuracy of customer data.
- Actively use LinkedIn and LinkedIn Sales Navigator:
- Build connections and find leads
- Chase and follow up as response is not always achieved after the first message.
- Enter relevant leads/prospects from LI to Salesforce
- Post, share and promote content
For the right candidate, there is an opportunity for this role to progress to a Sales Manager position.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Biology and experience in cell biology or antibody assay development
- Experience in sales is advantageous
- Experience using systems such as Salesforce.com and LinkedIn Sales Navigator (desirable but training would be provided)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with customers
- Ability to work on own initiative and achieve targets
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proactive, self-starter and a good team player
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package, including: competitive salary; employee share options; 4x life insurance and auto enrolled in to the company’s Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development.
The successful candidate will work in a Sales and Marketing team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail your CV with a one-page covering letter including “Inside Sales Specialist: Instruments” in the title to: Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com