Job Title: Operations Technician
- Functional Area: Operations
- Salary Range: Up to £26,000 per annum
- Reports to: Head of Health, Safety & Facilities
- Location: Cambridge (UK)
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
Sphere Fluidics is an established Life Science company which provides instruments and specialist consumables for the global pharmaceutical and academic research community. The company has recently raised £26M in investment. We are growing quickly and have impressive plans requiring new and exciting skill-sets and global capabilities to support this period of growth.
We are looking to take on an operations technician with an interest in health and safety to support the operations team and wider company. This is a development role and as Sphere Fluidics covers Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Engineering we believe we have plenty of scope for diversity, flexibility and cross function working so for the right individual there is the opportunity to really grow a career.
Duties and Responsibilities
The operations technician will support the operations team with a variety of general business tasks, laboratory based tasks and Health and Safety support in accordance with operating procedures and quality standards. Full training can be provided but it is expected that the right individual will bring with them an interest in health and safety, some knowledge of general business operations and ideas on how to progress the role within the business.
• Support Head of Safety Health and Facilities Manager with projects and running the day to day aspects of the site
• Support company Health and Safety by taking on safety tasks and improving working arrangements including writing some documentation
• Support all areas of the Operations team as required, taking reasonable instructions from department heads as required
• Support logistics team with orders, booking in goods and shipping of products
• Support production teams with bottling up, re-stocking consumables, washing glassware and keeping the work areas clean, tidy and well organised
• Provide ad-hoc support to a variety of lab based teams as required
• Identify bottlenecks and problematic processes
• Learn other areas of the business so that future career goals can be flexible and opportunities within the company are optimised
• Identify best business practices and implement new ways of working where these are agreed
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• A level education required, one within a Scientific discipline preferred
• Health and Safety qualification (NEBOSH or IOSH) or willing to takes these qualifications
• Some experience working in a laboratory (desirable)
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• An interest in Social responsibility and environmental matters
Perhaps more important than qualifications is having the right attitude and work ethic to succeed in a busy and customer oriented role as well as being adaptable/flexible to different business requirements.
- An interest in Health and Safety within a business
- Applies a structured and methodical approach to their work
- Organised, diligent and passionate about attention to detail and customer service
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn and develop new skills
- Proactive, motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail and takes pride in high standards of work and personal achievement
- Good communicator (written and verbally) who is not afraid to speak up
- Works well in a team environment
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including a competitive salary; employee share options; 4x life insurance and auto enrolled in an Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development.
Sphere Fluidics strives to be an equal opportunities employer. Our policy is to recruit a diverse workforce and follow the guidelines of the Equality Act.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail your CV with a one-page covering letter including “Digital Marketing Manager” in the title to: Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com