Job Title: Product Manager
- Location: Cambridge (UK)
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
- Functional Area: Product Management
Sphere Fluidics is an established Life Science company which provides instruments and specialist consumables for the global pharmaceutical and academic research community. The company has recently raised £26MM in investment. We are growing quickly and have impressive plans requiring new and exciting skill-sets and global capabilities to support this period of growth.
The Director of Product Management will act as the product evangelist both internally and externally. The Director of Product Management is responsible for leading a team of Product Managers to ensure product innovation, strategy, lifecycle management and roadmap to develop and maintain market leading products which are differentiated from our competitors.
Product managers should have a wide and balanced view of their product. Have an understanding of all the different sides – technical, commercial, operational, and the market dynamics.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to phasing out of the products across the SF portfolio.
- Manage existing product lines, maintaining and/or increasing profitability and margin.
- Create product strategy, product roadmaps and specification of product requirements.
- On-going development of the product vision and strategy.
- Coordinate ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Building consensus and driving execution.
- Maintain product and market knowledge. Analyses and keep abreast of market trends.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis.
- Lead cross-functional teams to realize product concepts and bring them to market.
- Work with customers, field-based stakeholders and internally to define and refine product requirements.
- Best practice market research and benchmarking.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks through to completion.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Team player, supportive of colleagues across the business.
- High personal and professional standards.
- Proactive, self-sufficient, and highly motivated
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including a competitive salary; employee share options; 4x life insurance and auto-enrolled in an Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development. The position will be based in Cambridge, UK.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail your CV with a one-page covering letter including “Product Manager” in the title to: Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com