Senior Field Application Scientist
Job Title: Senior Field Application Scientist
- Location: Cambridge (UK)
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, which is developing new instrumentation systems for biological drug discovery. Due to rapid company growth, we are looking to recruit a Senior Field Application Specialist/Scientist.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out laboratory projects, including demonstrations at both the Sphere Fluidics’ site, customer sites and approved conferences.
- Carry out feasibility studies, new product development projects, contribute to product design, evaluation and testing.
- Provide internal and external customers with comprehensive application training on using Sphere Fluidics’ technologies and products.
- Provide application support and troubleshooting to customers via e-mail, telephone or via visits to customer sites.
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical and scientific presentations to prospective or existing customers.
- Generate professional customer training materials, reports and customer feedback questionnaire.
- Monitor feedback from customers regarding their product requirements and communicate their needs to other relevant groups in the company.
- Contribute to the creation and review of technical materials, including user manuals, application guidelines, application notes, white papers and presentations.
- Interact and support Service, Sales and Marketing efforts at the Company.
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in a Life Sciences discipline is desirable.
- Postdoc or industrial work experience in bioprocess engineering, biotherapeutics development, or scientific instrument development is highly desirable.
- Excellent presentation skills are required.
- Excellent verbal, documentation and communications skills are needed for this customer-facing role.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are essential.
All employees are given a competitive salary, plus benefits including company share options, life insurance, pension scheme and relocation allowance.
Please e-mail your CV to Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com