Job Title: Senior Scientist
- Location: Cambridge (UK)
- Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
Sphere Fluidics Limited is a rapidly growing Life Sciences company based in Cambridge, UK. The company is developing innovative engineering solutions and chemistries for use in novel microfluidic-based instruments for single cell characterization and selection.
The R&D team is now looking to recruit a Senior Scientist into our Cell and Molecular Biology Group. The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team on a range of exciting and leading-edge projects with external global companies. Projects are mainly cell-biology related, including cell lines, primary immune cells as well as engineered cells and cell therapies.
Focus of the role will be in assay development for Sphere Fluidics’ Cyto-Mine® Single Cell Analysis platform and novel instrumentation under development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently plan, perform and analyse experiments aligned with Company needs and requirements, for internal as well as external projects.
- Contribute expert knowledge and skill sets in areas pertinent to their group.
- Provide customer support in areas of expertise.
- Develop technical specifications for specific products.
- Perform due diligence on competitive science, technology and intellectual property.
- Act as a project manager on agreed company projects.
- Demonstration and presentation of Company technology to external parties.
- Assist in the creation and filing of intellectual property and any reduction to practice.
- Building of the Company R&D profile externally via publication of patents, papers and conference posters.
- Effective liaison with Company Commercial personnel to help generate marketing and promotional materials.
- Contribute to general upkeep and maintenance of labs/instrumentation as required.
Education and Experience:
- PhD in life sciences; previous industrial experience will be beneficial.
- Track record of successful assay development is essential, preferably fluorescence-based assays.
- Experience in fluorescent labelling of protein, fluorescence microscopy and the use of plate readers.
- Proven experience in one or more of the following areas: Immunology, Immuno-oncology, Cell & gene therapy, Genome editing, Synthetic biology, Biotherapeutics discovery and development.
- Knowledge of and experience in flow cytometry, microfluidics, single cell analysis, automation, high-throughput screening is desirable.
- Working knowledge of data analysis using statistics software packages such as GraphPad Prism, Origin or R.
- Familiarity with Project Management would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work to a set timeline and deliver tasks in time is required.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively is essential
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills.
All Sphere Fluidics employees are given an employment package including a competitive salary; employee share options; 4x life insurance and auto enrolled in an Aviva Pension Scheme. Each employee is also encouraged to develop an annual development plan, including SMART objectives and training needs, as part of their career development.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail your CV with a one-page covering letter including “Senior Scientist – Biology” in the title to: Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com