Senior Software Engineer – Applications
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Applications
Location: Cambridge (UK)
Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
Why join us?
Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, developing new instrumentation systems for the biopharma industry. We are an exciting and evolving company, and due to ambitious company growth, we are looking for talented individuals to join our Physics and Engineering team.
We work at the forefront of science, designing, constructing and testing mechanical, optical, fluidic and electronic systems, so if you have a passion to make a real difference in the field of Life Sciences, you will fit right in.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A degree level qualification in a STEM discipline
- A strong technical background gained through working in industry
- Proficiency in C#, WPF and high-performance user interface design
- An appreciation of coding patterns and high-level object orientated design
- Self-motivation with a drive towards continual personal and technical improvement
It would also be helpful to have experience in:
- Medical devices or an equivalent regulated industry
- Front-end web development
- SQL Server, SQL Compact and ORM
- User interface design, development and testing
- Back-end application design, databasing and non-real time device control
- Development and maintenance of design documentation
- Software development with Windows and Linux using WPF and other modern user interface languages
- Deliver projects to specification and within agreed timescales and budget
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills. They will be flexible and self-motivated with a desire to deliver the team’s objectives whatever the challenge.
All employees are given a competitive salary, plus benefits including company share options, life insurance, pension scheme and relocation allowance.
Please e-mail your CV to Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com