Senior Software Engineer – Embedded
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Embedded
Location: Cambridge (UK)
Job Type: Full-time | Permanent
Why join us?
Sphere Fluidics Limited is an established Life Sciences company, developing new instrumentation systems for the biopharma industry. We are an exciting and evolving company, and due to ambitious company growth, we are looking for talented individuals to join our Physics and Engineering team.
We work at the forefront of science, designing, constructing and testing mechanical, optical, fluidic and electronic systems, so if you have a passion to make a real difference in the field of Life Sciences, you will fit right in.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A degree level qualification in a STEM discipline
- A strong technical background gained through working in industry
- Expertise in embedded software development using C and C++
- The ability to innovate, build, test and troubleshoot
- Self-motivation with a drive towards continual personal and technical improvement
It would also be helpful to have experience in:
- Medical devices or an equivalent regulated industry
- Image processing and machine learning
- Software development using .NET (C#)
- Working alongside the Team Lead to capture requirements
- Development and maintenance of design documentation
- Software development with ARM, Linux and Windows, utilising a range of
- technologies including USB3 Vision, EtherCAT, CANopen, Serial and USB
- Deliver projects to specification and within agreed timescales and budget
- Mentoring more junior colleagues
The successful candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and should be enthusiastic with excellent team-working and communication skills. They will be flexible and self motivated with a desire to deliver the team’s objectives whatever the challenge.
All employees are given a competitive salary, plus benefits including company share options, life insurance, pension scheme and relocation allowance.
Please e-mail your CV to Human.Resources@spherefluidics.com